Hello!

This blog is more like a diary for me. At least that's the goal here. I've been sad that I haven't been keeping a journal or diary since meeting my wonderful husband. I wanted to have something to always look back and see how our life together began. Then there were more and more things happening and I decided that starting up a blog to document everything would be perfect. I tend to be an open book in general, so you'll probably find you're getting way more information than you need. But that's why this is MY blog, right? I get to decide what to write, you get to decide what to read. I hope you find some entertainment, if nothing else, from reading about my journey through life.



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 26, 2010

Truckin' along

Sorry I haven't updated.... I don't really know what to say. I'm still quite pregnant, so the tests say. My last BETA was 6731, and that was at 5 wks. Today I'm 6 weeks pregnant (whoop!), and the nausea started in over the weekend. I'm welcoming it so far, but may regret that later. It's just so strange walking around and feeling normal. I want to feel something... It's as if the pregnancy is more stable if I'm sick. I haven't actually gotten sick, but for 3 days in a row I definitely thought I might be running to lose my lunch. It's the strangest feeling - it's like: IF I DON'T SHOVE THE NEAREST PIECE OF BREAD IN MY MOUTH RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO THROW UP FOR SURE! But then today, only a tiny bit of nausea. I actually napped through the time that I usually start feeling ill (around 2pm). I woke up from a 3 hr nap at 4pm, so maybe I missed the window???? I don't know. But we DO have our ultrasound appt for this Friday, and we'll (fingers crossed!) hear the heartbeat(s)!!! I say fingers crossed only because sometimes it's too early to hear the heartbeat yet, but I'll be 2 days shy of 7 weeks. I hope this week FLIES byyyyyyyyyyyy. I hope I feel a little less worried once we hear the heartbeat. My poor Eddie, bless his little heart. He thought I was going on Friday by myself. I guess I assumed he knew he'd be going with me to hear the heartbeat, but he didn't. I mentioned it yesterday and he was surprised. I can't imagine him NOT going...sad. And luckily, our appt is at 8am! I hate when appts are late in the day because it takes sooooooooo long to get the day over with. And this time I won't have to wait all day for a phone call w/results. Whoop! I wonder if it'll be my favorite sonographer, Kathleen, who did all my ultrasounds to count my follicles. At the embryo transfer when she left she said. "I hope I see you two for a different reason in 6 weeks!" The bummer would be getting the other gal... She's fine, but she's nowhere near as thorough at pointing everything out on the screen. Oh, I'm just so excited I could squeeeeeeel! I have to work the rest of the week, so it should go by quickly.

I'm still thinking of twins a lot, but now I'm more nervous about actually having twins than excited. Don't get me wrong - we'd be happy either way. But I think I'd have to quit my job when the babies came - how can I possibly take TWO newborns to work when I have 3 other kids (ages will be 1.5, 5, 7)? I just can't imagine. I know people do it all the time when they have 3 kids themselves and then have twins, but YIKES! It's be hairy. I'm already thinking I might need a mini van (really? ugh! hopefully I can find an affordable SUV that is good on gas, but mini vans are much more affordable and lots better on gas, generally speaking) if we have just one baby (because 1 baby makes 4 and that is too cramped for any of our cars). If we have 2, everything will just be that much crazier. Fun, yes. But insane! I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. To be honest, I think it's just one baby. Everyone else, on the other hand, thinks 2. I get it from strangers. My boss is convinced, my closest friends, my doctor. Everyone. But I'm not. Part of it is that my whole life I've wished for twins and I just think that would be way too easy, if it really happened. I have to say - I thought the psychic that I saw at a group party late last year said I would be having twin girls. I thought she was absolutely insane, for many reasons (amongst them being that she wore sunglasses with snakes wrapped around the lenses and made me shake some kind of sticks while she chanted), but 2 of my friends readings have come absolutely true. Hmmmmmmmm.

So Friday? HURRY UP AND GET HERE!!! I'll try to be better about blogging this week, but I'll DEFINITELY blog Friday. Promise!

Have a great week - I know I will!

-Nissa (I'm not proofing - dinner's on the stove and calling my name)

No comments:

Post a Comment