Hello!

This blog is more like a diary for me. At least that's the goal here. I've been sad that I haven't been keeping a journal or diary since meeting my wonderful husband. I wanted to have something to always look back and see how our life together began. Then there were more and more things happening and I decided that starting up a blog to document everything would be perfect. I tend to be an open book in general, so you'll probably find you're getting way more information than you need. But that's why this is MY blog, right? I get to decide what to write, you get to decide what to read. I hope you find some entertainment, if nothing else, from reading about my journey through life.



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lacking motivation to blog...

I'm not sure what my blogging slump is all about... Things are going well over here, but I haven't been able to sit down and write like I usually like to. There is a blog that I read from time to time who posts these pregnancy surveys (or whatever you might call them), so I figured I'd fill this in, just to post something. Don't give up on reading my blog, please! I'll be back! And soon!






Date/Week: Sept 16/ week 26

Total weight gain/loss: 24 lbs! Yikes! But I love my belly, so I'm not complaining!

Milestones: I've just started feeling Laney move on a regular basis, these past couple of days. Last week I had an evening when she was REALLY active and moving like crazy! And then I didn't feel anything for 2 whole days. Thank goodness for our doppler! But these past 3 days, Little Laney Loo has been consistently active at the same time each day. It's been great! And Ed can almost always feel her kicking away in the early mornings. Fun stuff!

Physical Progress: I'm still quite large for how far along I am, but again - I'm honestly ok with it. I wanted a big ole pregnant belly, and now I certainly have one! I can still hike up our 3 fights of stairs without much trouble, which I'm thankful for. I'm worried about how that will change in the next few weeks, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. My husband is great about carrying anything and everything, when necessary. I get a lot of: "NO! Sit down! Don't do that! Let me get that!" from everyone (not Ed, necessarily - just the general public) and I want to say: "I'm just pregnant!" Maybe I should take more advantage of these situations, but I know when I need to sit and when I need to say I can't do something. I actually have no trouble saying, "Sorry, but I can't do that," if something seems to heavy or too physically hard.

Symptoms: I have to say, I have just about everything that is considered "normal" in the books I read... I have leg cramps at night (that go away as soon as I flex my foot), I have hot flashes, extra hungry, restless sleep, nausea almost every morning, extra emotional (cry over EVERYTHING!), messed up movements (if you know what I mean), and so on. Heightened sense of smell, extra quick gag reflex. What else? Lots of things! But none of it is too unbearable. Except the heartburn! Oh! The heartburn! Yesterday, my dr suggested that I start taking zantac rather than overdosing on Tums (for fear of kidney stones). I'll probably make that switch soon.

How do I feel about my body: As I've mentioned, I'm loving the belly! My husband giggles when I walk into the room sometimes and then we both just crack up at how BIG my belly is. I love it. Sure, I'm not crazy about the double chin that is in full swing, or the feet turned blocks. But really? I love being pregnant! I feel great!

Food Cravings/Aversions: Same that it's been since I was about 7 weeks along... Strong aversion to my favorite veggies (asparagus and spinach), LOVING bagels, LOVING cereal, LOVING ice cream. Basically, the opposite of a healthy diet. I do eat a lot of fruit and drink mostly water (with an occasional Caramel Frappe from McD's - gasp!).

Sleep: Very bumpy sleep schedule. I tend to wake up between 3-5am and then I can't get back to sleep. Laney is also up, kicking and rolling around at this time, which I pretty much love. But then I get soooooooo sleepy around 8 or 9am. Some days I can go back to sleep, but then I sleep til noon and have a hard time falling asleep at night and the cycle continues. I can't figure out what the heck to do about it. Oh well.

Energy Level: Pretty good, for the most part. I get tired, but I can still last out at night, etc. I went out Saturday night (my brother was in town for a wedding on Sunday, so the 4 of us - my brother, SIL, husband, and myself!) for a late dinner and got up early Sunday morning for wedding shenanigans and then stayed at the wedding until about 11pm on Sunday night. I wasn't too exhausted. Wait - I did have a 2 hr nap before the wedding. Hahahaha! Ok, so I get a little tired if I overdo it.

Exercise: Yikes! I wish this wasn't on the list. I'm rather embarrassed to say that I get very little exercise, other than the 3 flights of stairs to get to our apartment. I did walk around a lot in San Diego (and whined about it, too!), and I try to walk some, but I just don't. I need to, especially while I can. I'm afraid I'm going to start rusting up and then I won't be able to! Ugh.

Baby Movement: Oops! See above: Milestones.

Thoughts and Feelings: I still can't get over how quickly this is all happening! I got my shower invitation in the mail today and I just can't believe MY BABY SHOWER is next month! I might mentioned that I'm absolutely THRILLED about my baby shower - all of my close girlfriends are planning it together and the invitation is the 1st glimpse I've gotten of it. I just KNOW it's going to be PERFECT! But yes - back to my thoughts and feelings about HOLY MOLY, I'M HAVING A BABY! It's getting so real. When should I start washing tiny baby clothes? When should I start setting up her little things? When should I start packing a bag. I really feel it's too early, but is it? Certainly, I don't need my hospital bag yet, but the other stuff I can probably start slowly any time. Right? I don't know. I just can't even believe I'M HAVING A BABY! So nuts! I signed Ed up for the Boot Camp for New Dads. Hahaha! He's going to have so much fun there, I just know it. And how cute is it that the new dads bring their little babies back at 3 months to show off for the new dads to be in the next session. I just melt thinking about it. So cute! I'm also thinking a lot about breastfeeding. I have a little bit of anxiety about it. I just want it all to work out SOOOOOO badly that I fear I'm setting myself up for failure. I want to be able to breastfeed (solely breastfeed or pump) for 1 year. I fear that may be unrealistic, but I reallllllly want to be able to do that. Fingers crossed!

What I am looking forward to: Seeing the baby! There are lots of other things to come first that I'm so excited for before that though... Like the shower!!!! Whoop! And more kicking and moving! I'm really looking for regular movement all day long.

What I am reading/things I'm learning: I check on my whereabouts in What to Expect When You're Expecting just about every week, and I read it out loud to Ed. It's fun to know that my uterus is now the shape/size of a basketball and the baby is the size of an eggplant. ;-)

Ok, that about does it! Ed just got home from work, so I'm going to go spend some time before I head off to bed, even though it's only 8:15! I'm hoping that since I didn't take a nap (much to my dismay!) today, I can sleep through the night. Here's to hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment