Hello!

This blog is more like a diary for me. At least that's the goal here. I've been sad that I haven't been keeping a journal or diary since meeting my wonderful husband. I wanted to have something to always look back and see how our life together began. Then there were more and more things happening and I decided that starting up a blog to document everything would be perfect. I tend to be an open book in general, so you'll probably find you're getting way more information than you need. But that's why this is MY blog, right? I get to decide what to write, you get to decide what to read. I hope you find some entertainment, if nothing else, from reading about my journey through life.



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I am a Happy Girl!

We had our big ultrasound yesterday (8w4d) and we finally saw a baby! It was SO cute! Little tiny arms and legs (arm buds, they call them but they looked like real arms and legs - just really short). We could see the whole shape of the body and head and the heartbeat and everything! SO so exciting! I'm officially throwing up, which makes me happy. Instead of just walking around nauseous (just realized I've been spelling this word wrong for a while!) all day every day, I'm able to pick myself up and move on with my day feeling a whole heck of a lot better for a few hours. The thing is, the nausea comes at any time throughout the day, and I'm only able to actually get sick when it's really early in the morning. Strange. But I feel VERY pregnant, and so for that I am so so grateful. I've always been a big believer in the whole theory that the sicker you are, the more stable the pregnancy. I know plenty of people who have had plenty of healthy babies without feeling the slightest bit nauseous, but still... I feel like this baby and I are doing really well.

I also think I look pregnant. I kind of always had a pregnant-looking-belly, but I was always a lot more careful to suck it in. Now? Not so much. Ed keeps thinking I'm sticking my stomach out. Hahahahahaha! I'm really not. I would never! That just seems silly. But I don't mind wearing shirts that may accentuate the belly. And Destination Maternity was having a sale - cute tops!

I went out with my girlfriends this past week, and it seems the news has spread like wild fire. It was fun to get lots of big eyes and smiles and congratulatory whispers. Fun fun fun!

I hope I didn't lose any readers by not blogging often enough! Is anyone out there?????

1 comment: