Hello!

This blog is more like a diary for me. At least that's the goal here. I've been sad that I haven't been keeping a journal or diary since meeting my wonderful husband. I wanted to have something to always look back and see how our life together began. Then there were more and more things happening and I decided that starting up a blog to document everything would be perfect. I tend to be an open book in general, so you'll probably find you're getting way more information than you need. But that's why this is MY blog, right? I get to decide what to write, you get to decide what to read. I hope you find some entertainment, if nothing else, from reading about my journey through life.



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Things are a changin'

Here we are, 9 weeks in and guess what? My dear husband is realizing the big changes that are coming. Ed does NOT do well with change - any kind of change, in fact. With this baby (other than the normal: "Holy shit! our life is about to change - we can't just go out to dinner when we want, we can't zip off wherever, whenever!" types of changes), comes some big changes for us. We are going to have to move, for starters. We're also going to need to get rid of my tiny 2 door car, for something much bigger. Perhaps, as I think I've mentioned before, a dreaded minivan no less. So change is on it's way and Ed almost shrunk way into his dark space. But I think I caught him on his way in, and was able to drag him back out. I, myself, get excited for change, so I can't really relate. But I've seen this happen to Ed with other small changes, and this weekend wasn't pretty.

Ed and I get along really really well... We laugh extra hard at each other's jokes, we find each other smart and interesting and we just enjoy being together. This weekend, I could tell my husband wanted to strangle me. For whatever reason, I was driving him crazy. I can appreciate this, because I get like that, too. I go through days when everything someone says and does makes my skin crawl and I just want to be alone. I sensed this was happening with Ed, so I tried to be scarce over the weekend. Some of the time, we had to be together because, well...we live together. But also, we had plans to visit his parents and some other things like that. But Sunday morning I got up early and went out for a long walk, went and spent time at my girlfriend's house and played with her kids for a couple of hours. And then I planned just to be home when Ed was out running errands (Ed has taken over the grocery shopping! How cool is that?!?!?). I knew he wouldn't be quite ready to talk about it, as he takes a while to realize what's at the bottom of his bad moods sometimes, so I left him alone for the weekend.

Just as suspected, Monday morning Ed had a big epiphany that he was starting to panic about all the changes happening. We're hoping to move in the fall, but I've started looking now. I just want to know what's out there, and I don't want to be scrambling and have to settle on something we don't love. I know it's making Ed a little nervous... Rightly so, because I found a place I thought we HAD TO HAVE (the very first place I looked at) and it was a little out of our price range. But whatevs. I'm easy and was easily talked down from that ledge.

I'm assuming all this panic and anxiety that Ed is experiencing is normal. I think it also has a lot to do with the fact that Ed handles all of our finances. If I knew what was going on with our finances and how they are about to change, I'd probably be in a little bit of a tizzy myself. But, I so graciously handed over that responsibility 100% because I am TERRIBLE in that area. I'd rather get a new haircut than pay the cable bill, and always find a way to justify it somehow.

Anywhoooo, Ed has realized why he's been so irritable and last night was MUCH better. We were back to our happy-little-couple selves. Thank GOOOOOODNESS!

1 comment:

  1. You are so perfect for him!! I am so happy he found you!! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete