Hello!

This blog is more like a diary for me. At least that's the goal here. I've been sad that I haven't been keeping a journal or diary since meeting my wonderful husband. I wanted to have something to always look back and see how our life together began. Then there were more and more things happening and I decided that starting up a blog to document everything would be perfect. I tend to be an open book in general, so you'll probably find you're getting way more information than you need. But that's why this is MY blog, right? I get to decide what to write, you get to decide what to read. I hope you find some entertainment, if nothing else, from reading about my journey through life.



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Goodbye, First Trimester!

I'm not sure how it happened, but we made it through the first trimester - and it wasn't nearly as long of a wait as I had expected! Incredibly thankful!

I'm not thrilled to report that I've been sicker these last few days than I have all along. I thought things were supposed to start winding down in the nausea department now, but apparently I'm holding out a little longer.

I've been incredibly tired, and definitely peeing a lot. Today a little less, which (hopefully) means I'm right on target and my uterus is moving up into the (much) bigger cavity of my stomach. Yay for less peeing!!!

I feel like Ed's getting annoyed with my lack of energy and motivation to do anything (like cooking or cleaning), although he swears he isn't. I hate to say it, but he'll just have to deal until I'm feeling better. I really do enjoy being a good little wifey and making all his meals, but I just can NOT get past the smells that come about when cooking and I have absolutely no energy to be like I usually am - before I got pregnant, I was up early enough to make Ed a nice big healthy breakfast, made sure his lunch was all ready to throw in his lunch box and in the evening I made sure we had a well balanced, healthy meal. Now? Not so much. I literally haven't cooked since I think I was 5 weeks pregnant. Not a single thing. This heightened sense of smell and quite strong gag reflex is amazing and very controlling. I thought for sure I was going to wake up last Monday (at 12 weeks) and feel better - trouble was, I did. And then I rushed myself off to the ER because I thought something was wrong. Hahahaha! Oh well. At least now I'm throwing up enough to KNOW that I'm pregnant.

I have an ultrasound this week and to be honest, I have NO idea what to expect. It's the NTS, which is a scan for measurements that can detect signs of down's syndrome. I'm not particularly worried or concerned that this baby might have DS, but the test is covered by our insurance, and the nurse suggested we just do it - better to be prepared, I suppose, even though we wouldn't take any different measures throughout the pregnancy if anything shows up for DS. Perhaps just mental preparation and research.

Still waiting for growing bbs. It's something I've been looking forward to my entire life...big bbs during pregnancy. In general, I don't mind being small chested. That being said, it's going to be nice to at least fill a B cup when the time comes. And I'm SURE it will come. Right? If not during pregnancy, certainly when I'm breastfeeding. Right? Watch...I'll turn in to the rare case where I remain an A cup. My ass will be the size of Cleveland, my belly ALREADY looks like I'm 6 months along, and I'll be swimming in my A cup. That'll be so unfair! But really - there are worse things, I suppose.

I already bought my first jar of Burt's Bees Thoroughly Therapeutic Body Butter, because I heard it's the best for stretch marks. I'm petrified of stretch marks! I know people say it's a badge of honor, yadda yadda yadda, but I do NOT want to look like this:



I think that's all I have to update with on the pregnancy front. I actually have a lot to update you all on other things, but right now I'm just so tired. I'm not sure how it got to be after 8pm already, but I have to get up super early tomorrow (and since I haven't been sleeping well AT ALL, I better get a head start!).

I hope everyone's doing well. Twelve Grapes, if you're out there, I'm thinking of you and anxiously awaiting your blog post. Hope everythings ok!!

-Nissa

3 comments:

  1. Hey there Nissa! I just saw your update in my Google reader and am SOOOO excited for you as you enter your second trimester. How awesome! We actually go in for our viability u/s (or 6 week) on Thursday. Eeeek! I'm freaking out. I haven't posted partly because I am a goofy superstitious fool. LoL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm so glad you wrote! I've been worried. Did you have a 3rd beta last Tuesday? I totally get the superstitious thing! Good luck Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did! It was, like, 3,383! By the way, that picture of the stretch marks is crrrrazy.

    ReplyDelete