Hello!

This blog is more like a diary for me. At least that's the goal here. I've been sad that I haven't been keeping a journal or diary since meeting my wonderful husband. I wanted to have something to always look back and see how our life together began. Then there were more and more things happening and I decided that starting up a blog to document everything would be perfect. I tend to be an open book in general, so you'll probably find you're getting way more information than you need. But that's why this is MY blog, right? I get to decide what to write, you get to decide what to read. I hope you find some entertainment, if nothing else, from reading about my journey through life.



Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

This and That



Here I sit at 17 weeks and 3 days pregnant, and I'm so happy to say that these last few weeks have just flown by! I'm really anxious to get to July 20th, so we can *hopefully* find out the sex of the baby, and I expected the weeks and days leading up to it would crawl. They haven't. Thank goodness! I've been feeling great, other than this pesky cold sore that hit me sometime between Friday night and Saturday morning. If you know me IRL, you know that cold sores are my biggest nightmare. Ever. I try not to leave the house, if possible, any time I have a cold sore. And this one? It's DEFINITELY the biggest one I've ever had. I'm pretty sure I say that every time I have one, but this one really is. I hear it's a pregnancy thing - when things like this attack, they REALLY attack. Sucks. But other than that, I feel great - which is a big reason of why this cold sore is bumming me out so badly! I've been on vacation (staying in town, just not working) all week, and today (Thursday!) is the first day I've been to the beach. As it is, I had errands to run (that I could've been running all week, had it not been for the damn cold sore!) first and didn't get to the beach until 3 pm. I did stay until 6pm, all by myself for the last hour and a half, and it was wonderful, but still. I had every intention to be there every sunny day that occurred during my vacation. Boooooooooooo.

I am definitely getting on that beach first thing tomorrow - after my 8:45 acupuncture appt. Whoop!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love acupuncture? Well, it's the most relaxing hour and 30 minutes I experience on a regular basis. My acupuncturist is my brother's best friend, and we grew up together. He's the most amazing guy I think I know (other than my husband, of course). He's such a free and kind spirit. He's helped my entire family with so many health issues- emotional, mental, and physical - any kind of ailment, you name it! Incredibly understanding, open minded, and just a pure willingness to help. Everyone. I love him. If you're ever in need of a good acupuncturist, go see Bill Crosby at The Well in Gloucester. I promise, you won't be disappointed. I went yesterday and I'm going tomorrow. I went all through my IVF cycle, and actually, have been going consistently since I moved back here in 2007. People ask me what I go for - general health and happiness, at this point. But I've gotten help for sleeplessness, general irritability, constipation, allergies, and a lot of other things that aren't coming to mind right now. He helps me with all these things. I think acupuncture is amazing. It helps me keep both of my feet on the ground. Ok, you get the point. I'm super happy to start my day tomorrow with acupuncture and then the beach. The picture above was the view from my chair at 5pm today. Lovely, isn't it?

On another note, our air conditioner/dehumidifier finally arrived yesterday (on the coldest and rainiest day of the summer, but whatevs). My dad helped us hook it up (ok, hooked it up for us), because it's a stand up AC (we have those tall crank windows that don't accept window units), and it was wonderful to get a cooooool night's sleep. I didn't sleep through the night, but I guess this pregnancy is getting me ready for lots of sleepless nights because honestly? I haven't slept through the night in about 14 weeks. Oh well. There are worse things. I will say though, when my husband wakes me up (rather than the strong pull to the bathroom to pee for the 3rd or 4th time through the night) with his snoring or midnight snack attack, I could strangle him. And he knows it. He laughs about it, but I think I sit straight up and give him a hard and cold stare. I'm sure it's a sight! I wonder if I'll ever have another full night of sleep. What a strange thought - maybe I won't.


Just in case anyone is wondering, my buddha belly is rather large today. I thought I'd share a photo of myself after I threw on my pjs when I got home from the beach today...

1 comment:

  1. I have never considered acupuncture but maybe I will now!

    I am afraid to say it but I used to get cold sores before and during pregnancy but I haven't had one since I had Brayden??? I have no idea what changed but I am so glad it did... so there is hope!! NOW I WiLL GET ONE FOR SURE. Oh Well!

    ReplyDelete